APPROXIMATE CHANCES OF FINDING AN APARTMENT TODAY
1) Three children and a dog 3%
2) Two children, a dog and a cat 2%
3) one child and three cats 1%
4) Couple with two kids, a dog and a cat, one adult working .05%
5) couple, kids, no pets but poor credit 2%
6) couple, kids/ washing machine 1%
According to local Realtors who were phoned to get their answers to this survey, many have said that they either do not do rentals any longer, or hardly do rentals any longer.
The Landlords have learned the hard way, to use applications, formulas to see if their monthly income x 40% does not exceed the rents, and lastly the credit scores are a big factor today. The fact that they have pets is a tremendous turn off do to potential barking, odors in the house, etc.
STORY IS ABOUT THE QUEENS AREA REGARDING APARTMENT RENTALS
Conclusion, No job, No credit, Dogs, Cats means No Apartments to find.