Interview with 40 year experienced Broker Jim Turano ending the year of 2019
Simple and Easy decisions for buyers to make.
1) do you mind traveling on LIE back and forth to work?
2) do you mind paying about $6,500 per year in taxes?
THIS IS A LOW AVERAGE TAKEN FROM A HOME IN MASSEPEQUA, LONG ISLAND. OTHERWISE EXPECT $10,000 DOLLARS AND UP TO $25,000 DOLLARS DEPENDING WHERE IN LONG ISLAND.
3) do you mind having two cars so while you are at work the other can go shopping for food?
4) do you mind paying extra yearly insurance if you are near the water, Flood Insurance is another $1400 dollars per year minimum besides purchasing Homeowners Insurance.
5) will you be near top rated schools for your children?
6) if you have the option to take the Long Island Railroad vs driving on the Long Island Expressway, do you have the extra $400 dollars for ticket monthly fares?
Simple and Easy right? 9 out of 10 times both husband and wife must be working to afford to buy anywhere these days. But if you have children, will your family be able to travel to help you the first 5 -7 years after giving birth to your first child? New York has the highest property taxes in the nation. Long Island is even higher. But when you move out of Queens, you must get used to the inconvenience of getting everywhere by car as opposed to short drives or walking to stores, schools relatives homes, and parks.
A special thank you to Jim Turano, Broker of Diverse Real Estate for years of contributing information to assist buyers and sellers for three decades now.